Students' Union Referendum - NOTIFICATION
CHANGES TO THE RULES OF THE UNION
An all-student vote will take place on Thurs 6 Oct on amendments to the Rules of the Union with the following effect(s):
- Create greater postgraduate student representation across the three Faculties of the University.
- Remove the Part-Time Postgraduate Taught Officer and Postgraduate Research Officer, replacing these posts with a Postgraduate Taught Faculty Rep and a Postgraduate Research Faculty Rep in each of the three Faculties in Queen’s. (i.e., six postgraduate faculty reps in total)
- Replace the existing three Faculty Rep posts with three Undergraduate Faculty Rep posts
- Change the representation of Students’ Union Council committees to reflect the changes detailed above.
- Make Part-Time Student Officers non-voting members of the Executive Management Committee (i.e., with the right to attend and have full speaking rights), to remove the requirement for Part-Time Student Officers to attend all meetings of EMC and to remove Part-Time Student Officers from the quorum requirement for EMC.
- Streamline the reporting requirements for Full-Time Student Officers; require them to report to students monthly on their activities.
- Require Clubs and Societies Committee members to attend mandatory training.
- Give the Students’ Union Management Board the responsibility for employment procedures for Full-Time Student Officers.
- Clarify some inconsistencies / ambiguities in the text of the Constitution.
Voting will take place on Q-SU.ORG on Thurs 6 Oct, 7am - 10pm.
Referendum Notification Full Text of Proposed Changes Referendum Rules