This is what will convince voters to vote for you!
Your election profile is available through your nomination form and lets you upload a photo, a “manifesto” detailing what you will do if elected, and a short 50-word slogan which will appear on the ballot paper. You can add photos, videos, web / social media links. Have fun!
This must be completed by Thu 9 Feb, 12.00 noon.
Tips for a great manifesto:
- Most successful candidates for these roles produce a short manifesto. No more than 4-6 sentences in total.
- Keep it easy to read and focus on what makes you the perfect person for the role!
- Try not to waste space with obvious statements. (e.g. “It is important that we all get a good education.”
- Focus on your experience as a student and on the things that you would like to change!
Manifestos often follow the following structure:
- Outline why you are running (Your motivation)
- Give a brief personal introduction (Example: your course of study, where you are from, Clubs/Societies in which you are involved, any relevant experience)
- Briefly outline some changes you want to make / work on if you are elected
- Remind people to vote for you!
We will review all information you have supplied and manually “approve” it before it appears to students.
Well done! You have now completed the nomination process!